Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kennewick, Washington

We left Coeur D'Alene lake early on October 2nd, planning to spend the night in Kennewick, then head down the Columbia River Gorge to the coast. It was just too late in the season to spend any more time north of the Columbia. Site unseen, I picked a spot for the night over the net, called 'em up, they had a spot, price was right. We pulled in. Came in the back way evidently. Drove past many permanent sites. I felt sorry for the kids growing up here. On the porch of a trailer, which served as the after hours office, a Hispanic woman told me to take one of the pull through sites "down there", then return and pay. We pulled into one and decided it was best not to unhook, just plan on making our escape early in the morning. My wife noticed a well rounded long legged brunette walking by, checking out our trailer, wondered if she was the camp hooker ... Honestly. Fellow came over, asked me if I was having any trouble. I told him no, not yet, I've not been here long enough to get into any. He told me I "had one of the best pull through sites at the the park". I could see that. Met his brother when I went back to pay - together, they run the place. When I asked him what I owed, he asked me how long I'd stay. I told him we'd pull out in the morning, he told me it's on the house, just remember them when I come back through town. I told him I sure would. This place was my definition of a nightmare.

No comments: